You can upload and share audio and video files on Dropbox, just like any other kind of file. Learn how to add files and folders to your Dropbox account.
Note: This article is about video and audio you've uploaded to your Dropbox account, not about video or audio you’ve recorded with Dropbox Capture. Learn more about Dropbox Capture.
How to play video or audio files
To play a video or audio file you’ve stored in your Dropbox account:
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Click All files in the left sidebar.
- Click the name of an audio or video file to view a preview. Learn more about how to preview files.
- To preview an audio or video file in a specific language, click the gear icon at the bottom right of the preview page. Then, click Audio track and select the language you’d like. This option is only available for files that have multiple audio tracks.
- Click the preview to play it.
On the Dropbox mobile app
- Open the Dropbox mobile app.
- Tap the name of an audio or video file to view a preview. Learn more about how to preview files.
- Tap the preview to play it.
If you’re watching a video on iOS, you can also:
- Scrub backward and forward by dragging your finger along the timeline.
- Skip forward or backward by 15 seconds by tapping the skip icons (15 with arrows pointing right or left) to the right and left of the Play button.
- Change the playback speed by tapping 1x in the bottom left corner and choosing a playback speed.
- Put the video on repeat by tapping the loop icon (two arrows in a circle) in the bottom right corner.
- View the video in fullscreen by tapping the fullscreen icon (rectangle with two arrows) in the top right corner.
- Minimize the video while you use other apps by tapping the picture in picture icon (two rectangles) in the top right corner.
- Cast your video to AirPlay by tapping the cast icon (rectangle with an up arrow) in the top right corner.
- Note: Your iOS device must be on the same network as the device you’d like to cast to.
Learn what to do if audio or video files won’t play on the Dropbox mobile app.