How to search for files and folders in the Dropbox desktop app
Updated Nov 16, 2023
You can search for files and folders using the search feature in the Dropbox desktop app. Just like the search feature on dropbox.com, the Dropbox desktop app search feature:
- Isn’t case sensitive
- Spell-corrects your search queries when possible
- Scans all files and folders, including Paper docs
- Scans filenames, extensions, and even the contents of your files
- Loads your search results as you type
Search for files and folders in the Dropbox desktop app
- Click the Dropbox icon in your taskbar (Windows) or menu bar (Mac).
- Click the search icon (magnifying glass) at the top.
- In the search bar that appears, type what you’d like to search for.
- Press Enter or wait for the results. The app will display up to 20 results. If you need to see more, click View in Dropbox in the top right.
- Note: If the file or folder is locally synced to your computer, you can click to open it on your computer (File Explorer on Windows or Finder on Mac). If the file or folder is not locally synced, it will open on dropbox.com.
Posted by: reano 37 days ago57280
Posted by: WhyUDoDis 50 days ago38920
Posted by: maxwurr 46 days ago43980