Scan a document
- Open the Dropbox app on your Android device.
- Tap "+" (plus).
- Choose Scan Document, then select Allow when prompted.
- Take a picture of content you want to transform into a document.
- Or select an existing image on your device by tapping the photos icon on the bottom-left.
- If you choose to take a picture, point your camera at the object you want to scan. A border outlines the shape you’re scanning. Make sure:
- Your document is not crumpled
- There is no glare on what you’re photographing
- You hold your device directly above what you’re photographing
- To include only what you want to scan
- If needed, you can scan more pages. Or, you can move on to editing your doc.
Edit and arrange your scan
After scanning a doc, the next screen is the Scan Preview view. The icons on the bottom of this view represent the actions you can take to edit your scan.
You can also tap Arrange (next to Edit) to reorder the pages of your scan. In the Arrange view, long press a page to drag and reorder it.
Adjust your scan
- From the Edit screen, tap the icon with the three sliders at the bottom of the screen.
- Edit the area of your scanned document by moving the blue dots on each corner of the scan.
- Decide what format you want the scan in (B&W, Whiteboard, Original).
- If desired, use the slider to adjust the contrast (this option is only available for some filters).
- When you're satisfied with your edits, tap the check mark in the upper-right corner of the screen.
Save your scan
- From the Scan Preview screen, tap the arrow on the upper right to enter the Save as view.
- Name your file and decide on a file type.
- Decide where to save your document.