How to access the Dropbox account of someone who has passed away
If someone close to you has passed away, we're sorry for your loss.
To access the files of someone who has passed away, first look in the Dropbox folder on the person’s computer if you can. Many Dropbox users have all of the files from their account available in this folder, which syncs to their account online.
If you aren’t able to access their Dropbox folder on their computer, you’ll need to request access from Dropbox directly.
Dropbox respects the security and privacy of our customers above all else. For this reason, requesting access to the account of someone who has passed away can take some time. Please also note that we can’t guarantee that we'll be able to provide access. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.
To request access to the account of someone who has passed away, you'll need to provide documentation that:
- The person is in fact deceased
- You have a legal right to access the person's files under all applicable laws
To do that, please create a support ticket and include the following information in your message:
- The full name of the deceased person
- The email address associated with that person's Dropbox account
- Your name, mailing address, email address, and your relationship to the deceased person
- A photocopy of your government-issued ID
- A valid court order establishing that it was the deceased person's intent that you have access to the files in their account after the person passed away, and that Dropbox is compelled by law to provide the deceased person's files to you
We'll review the information you provide and let you know whether we can move forward with your request.
We wish you the best during this difficult time.
Posted by: JohnDeLange 1 day ago12820
Posted by: ioasdasdasda 2 days ago22050
Posted by: Pb17 5 days ago1314200