In Dropbox Paper, you can collaborate with people by:
- Mentioning them in line and in comments
- Commenting on text and images
- Creating to-dos
Not using Paper yet? See how Dropbox allows easy team content collaboration.
Mention a colleague anywhere in your Paper doc by typing @ (at) and then their name.
If the person you mention has a Dropbox account, their name is shortened to reflect the name on their account.
If you click a hyperlinked name, a dropdown appears. You can then search every shared doc that person created.
Comment on a doc:
- Highlight a line of text to bring up the formatting toolbar.
- Click the comment icon (a speech bubble) in the menu that appears.
You can @ (at) mention a colleague in your comment to send a notification.
Note: You can also create a comment by hovering your mouse pointer in the right margin beside a line of text.
Comment on a spot of an image:
- Click the image that you'd like to comment on.
- Click the circle icon with the plus sign to comment on a specific area of an image.
- Click the section of the image you'd like to comment on.
- Type your comment and click Post.
When someone clicks this URL, they're directed to that comment.
Attribution shows you who wrote a section of a document. The name of the person who wrote a part of a document is shown beside the text. Attribution works even if you copy-and-paste from one Paper doc to another.