How to require two-step verification for your Dropbox Business team
Dropbox Business team admins can require all or some team members to use two-step verification. You can do this through the admin console or through your identity management provider if you use single sign-on (SSO). Each team member has to enable two-step verification on their own account. However, you can request that members enable this feature, and then ensure that it stays on once enabled.
How to require two-step verification for team members
- Sign in to dropbox.com with your admin credentials.
- Click Admin Console.
- Click Settings.
- Under Authentication settings, check Require two-step verification.
- Select whether you'd like to require two-step verification for some or all team members.
- Click Confirm.
- If you've selected Require for specific members, enter the email addresses of the team members you'd like to use two-step verification, and then click Proceed.
- Team members will not be protected until they set up two-step verification.
- Team admins can track setup progress in the Members tab, under the “Two-step verification” column.
How will required two-step verification affect my team?
Newly invited members will be required to enable two-step verification after accepting the invitation to join your team.
Existing members will be required to enable two-step verification the next time they sign in. Requiring two-step verification will not log your team member out of their devices or web sessions, and won't interrupt their workflow. Existing team members who try to connect a new computer or mobile device as their first sign-in after two-step verification is enabled will be directed to to the Dropbox website to sign in (and set up two-step verification)
What will a team member see when setting up two-step verification?
When team members sign in to Dropbox, they will see a Get Started prompt.
- Team members can choose to receive verification codes via text message, or to use an authenticator app, and then click Send code.
- Team members will next be required to verify that two-step verification is working— they will receive a text message to the phone number entered, or else need to enter the two-step verification code generated via the authenticator app.
- Lastly, team members will receive an emergency backup code, which can be used if they ever lose their mobile phone.
- Alternatively, team admins can reset two-step verification for team members as needed
- Click Turn on two-step verification.