This feature is available to all Dropbox users on dropbox.com.
Multi-file organize helps arrange your Dropbox content. The feature organizes your files using options such as date, keyword, or file activity. It’s used to sort files in both automated and non-automated folders.
How to use multi-file organize
To use multi-file organize for your files on dropbox.com:
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Open the folder you’d like to organize.
- Click “…” (ellipsis) at the top of screen.
- Click Multi-file organize.
- Select the grouping option you’d like to apply.
- Options provided will be:
- Inactivity - This will group all content that has not been recently accessed. You can choose the inactive timeframe from the dropdown box.
- Month - This will group your content together based on the month it was added to your account. You can choose to exclude the current month.
- Year - This will group your content together based on the year it was added to your account. You can choose to exclude the current year.
- Keyword - This will organize content by an assigned keyword, then move them to a folder of your choosing.
- Click Preview.
- This will open a preview that shows how the folder will look after organizing.
- From the Preview screen, you can unselect any files you don’t want included in the grouping.
- To apply multi-file organize to files that are moved into the folder, check the box next to Apply rule every time a file is added to this folder.
- Click Apply.
Note: If multi-file organize was used accidentally, it can be undone by clicking Undo in the panel that appears at the bottom of the screen.