What to do if audio files or videos won’t play on the Dropbox mobile app
If your video or audio file won’t play in the Dropbox mobile app, check that the following are true:
Make sure you have a third-party app on your mobile device that can play that file format.
- The Dropbox mobile app uses the third-party (non-Dropbox) media players on your mobile device to play video and audio files
- If you don’t want to download a third-party app that can play your file type, you can use an application that can converts files (like the Handbrake desktop application) to convert the file to a playable format instead
Make sure you’re connected to the internet (data or Wi-Fi).
- If you aren’t connected, be sure to download the file for offline use before you go offline
- Apple devices: Apple will convert most files to a playable format without another app as long as you’re connected to the internet (using Apple HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) protocol)
- If you’re not connected to the internet, you’ll need to download a third-party app that can play that file type