If your video or audio file won’t play in the Dropbox mobile app, check that the following are true:
Make sure you have a third-party app on your mobile device that can play that file format.
- The Dropbox mobile app uses the third-party (non-Dropbox) media players on your mobile device to play video and audio files
- If you don’t want to download a third-party app that can play your file type, you can use an application that can converts files (like the Handbrake desktop application) to convert the file to a playable format instead
Make sure you’re connected to the internet (data or Wi-Fi).
- If you aren’t connected, be sure to download the file for offline use before you go offline
- Apple devices: Apple will convert most files to a playable format without another app as long as you’re connected to the internet (using Apple HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) protocol)
- If you’re not connected to the internet, you’ll need to download a third-party app that can play that file type