How to use Advanced Team & Content Controls
The Advanced Team & Content Controls Add-On is available to Dropbox Advanced and Enterprise customers through the Dropbox sales team. If you’re a Dropbox team account admin and you’d like to learn more about this add-on, contact your Customer Success Manager.
The Advanced Team & Content Controls Add-On, powered by BetterCloud, lets admins securely deploy, manage, and govern their Dropbox team accounts with one operations management tool.
For example, admins can use this add-on to:
- Protect their data by scanning for sensitive content
- Automate alignment with a company’s specific security standards on a granular level
- Have visibility into team activity and create comprehensive reports
- Streamline customizable workflows and employee onboarding and offboarding
This article walks admins through the steps to install and utilize the add-on for their Dropbox team accounts.
- Create alerts for internal and external threats
- Detect and protect sensitive information as it’s uploaded
- Search for and protect sensitive information in existing content
- Prevent unauthorized sharing to files and folders
- Create custom remediation workflows
Visibility and control
- Search and audit all content and permissions in a single view
- Take bulk actions on files and folders across the entire team
User lifecycle management
- Enforce service request processes with Account Capture notifications and workflows
- Grant users access to relevant content based on group, hierarchy, and role
- Set up custom offboarding workflows that mirror your processes
Install and integrate the add-on
To install the Advanced Team & Content Controls Add-On and integrate it with Dropbox, follow the login and installation steps in the BetterCloud Help Center.
Set up alerts
With alerts, admins can monitor security concerns in real-time and avoid data vulnerabilities. Visit the following links for a full overview on how to set up alerts:
File Shared Externally alert
The File Shared Externally and Folder Shared Externally alerts notify you when any Dropbox file or folder is shared directly with a user outside of your Dropbox team. Admins can also scan externally shared files for sensitive content. Learn how to set up the Files Shared Externally alert.
Sensitive Data Scanned alert
The Sensitive Data Scanned alert notifies you when your domain’s files contain sensitive data and can trigger an automated remediation workflow. Learn how to set up the Sensitive Data Scanned alert.
Build automated workflows
Workflows allow admins to automate actions across a Dropbox team account using “if, then” logic. In the Workflow Manager, admins can view and control all workflows in one place. Visit the following links for a full overview on how to build workflows:
- A video about building basic workflows
- Creating workflows
- Managing workflows
- Troubleshooting workflows
Account Capture workflow
Admins can receive an alert when team members have been chosen to migrate their independent Dropbox account into their Dropbox team account. This alert can be used to ensure that team member settings conform with security policies. Learn how to build the Account Captured workflow.
Note: The Account Capture or All Users Capture feature is only available to Dropbox Enterprise teams.
Onboard and offboard employees
Onboarding workflows can automatically add new team members to all required groups and folders. Offboarding workflows can quickly restrict users from sensitive data and delete them from linked devices when someone leaves a Dropbox team or changes roles. Visit the following links to learn how to build onboarding and offboarding workflows:
Admins can scan both new and existing content in their Dropbox team to locate and avoid data vulnerabilities and check for security compliance. Learn how to scan the content in your Dropbox team.
Audit the results
Admins can conduct audits from their content scans with customized conditioning. Learn how to audit the results of your content scan.
Trigger a workflow from a Go Forward policy
Once a content scanning alert is published, it can be used as a workflow event. Learn how to trigger a workflow from a Go Forward policy.
Take action on files violating a scan or policy
Admins can take customizable actions against files that violate a policy they’ve set up. Visit the following links to learn how to take action on file violations:
Posted by: Faulk 388 days ago240530
Posted by: EvgenyAGRO 1446 days ago345630
Posted by: Douglas16 2540 days ago626840