This article discusses a feature that is only available to Dropbox Business teams on an Advanced
Team admins can sign in to the account of anyone on their team. Team admins can access different team member accounts to:
- Organize a new employee's Dropbox account before they start
- Troubleshoot issues
- Keep a project moving while team members are away from the office
Important note: If a team member has connected their personal and work Dropbox accounts, sign in as user will not let admins access their personal Dropbox account.
Admins can also sign in as user on Dropbox Paper.
How to sign in as user on my Dropbox Business team
- Sign in to dropbox.com with your admin credentials.
- Click Admin Console.
- Open the Members page.
- Click the gear icon beside the name of the team member you would like to sign in as.
- Click Sign in as user.
- Click Sign in to confirm that you would like to sign in as the selected user.
You'll then be taken to the account of the user you selected, where you can act on this user's behalf. When you're done, be sure to click Sign out on the red banner at the top of the page. This will help you avoid accidentally making changes to the wrong account later.
- When you sign in as a user on your team, you will not be able to simultaneously access any other Dropbox account (including your own), whether in a new window or tab in your browser
- To access a different Dropbox account (including your own), sign out of your team member's account
Notifications and logging
If you use sign in as user to access a team member's account, you will have the option to notify your team member that you have accessed their account.
Team member / admin notifications
If you click Change notification settings in the notifications window, you will have the option to select who receives notification that you have signed in as a team member. These options will vary slightly, depending upon whether your account has one or multiple team admins. If you select The member and activity log (recommended), the team member will receive an email notification that you have accessed their account.
Any use of sign in as user and any subsequent actions you take on behalf of a team member will be logged in your team activity log.