Dropbox Professional and Business customers can create, modify, or remove an expiration date for a shared link. To do so:
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Click All files in the left sidebar.
- Hover over the name of the file or folder and click Share.
- In the popup window, click Link settings.
- In the next window, click to toggle Expiration to On.
- Choose when you’d like the link to expire. The shared link expires at 11:59 PM on the day you choose, based on your time zone.
- Click Save for the expiration date to be applied to the link.
Once saved, you can copy and paste the link to an email or send it directly through Dropbox. Once the link expires, you need to create a new link to share the file or folder again.
What does a shared link with an expiration date look like for the people I share it with?
Recipients will be able to see the shared link page as normal. They won't be able to see the expiration date.
Can I change the expiration date?
You can change an expiration date by following the steps listed above.
What happens if someone I share the link with accesses it after the expiration date?
If someone visits a link after it expires, they'll see an error that says "The link you're trying to access has expired."