You can make edits to PDFs when previewing a file on dropbox.com. To edit a PDF in Dropbox, the PDF must be smaller than 111 MB and must not be password protected.
Edit a PDF
To edit a PDF:
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Click the name of the PDF file you’d like to edit.
- Click Edit above the file preview. This will open the editing mode.
- Make your edits.
- To insert a page, click Insert page and follow the prompts to insert a PDF from your Dropbox account.
- To rotate a page, click the page(s) you’d like to rotate in the left sidebar and click Rotate right or Rotate left.
- To reorder pages, click the page(s) you‘d like to reorder in the left sidebar and drag it to a new location.
- To delete a page, click the page(s) you’d like to delete in the left sidebar and click Delete page.
- To fill out an interactive form, click the fillable field you’d like fill out and type in the text box that appears.
- Note: To fill out a PDF form in Dropbox, it must be an interactive PDF with fillable fields.
- Click Done.
- Click Save a copy or Replace original.
- If you choose Save a copy, your edited PDF will be saved as a new file in your Dropbox account. Anyone with access to the original file won’t see the changes.
- If you choose Replace original, your edited PDF will replace the original file in your Dropbox account. Everyone with access to the original file will see the changes.
- Note: You can only replace the original if you are the file owner or have edit access.
PDF editing functionality on dropbox.com is powered by PDFTron, Inc. Dropbox will not share your PDF with PDFTron, Inc.