Deleting your Dropbox account deletes all of your data from dropbox.com and signs you out of Dropbox on all devices. When you delete your Dropbox account:
- The Dropbox desktop and mobile apps on your devices stop syncing
- You can't access your account on dropbox.com
- You can't edit files in shared folders
- Your files stay in the Dropbox folder on your computer
- Files you shared in shared folders are still available to folder members
- Your files are deleted from Dropbox servers
Dropbox Basic, Plus, Family, and Professional users
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Click your avatar (profile picture or initials) in the upper right corner.
- Click Settings.
- Under General, click Delete account.
If you delete your account, we will initiate deletion of the Dropbox files you store on Dropbox after 30 days. If you mark a file within your account for permanent deletion, we will permanently delete it within 60 days in the normal course of operations. It may take several additional days to complete depending on the number of files selected for deletion.
If you cancel a Dropbox Plus or Professional subscription or a Dropbox Family plan, then your account becomes a Dropbox Basic account. You can then permanently delete your account.
Important note: Deleting a Dropbox Basic, Plus, Family, or Professional account can't be undone.
Dropbox Business admins
Only certain types of admins can permanently delete a Dropbox Business team. To permanently delete a team, along with all its member account data and file data, follow these steps:
- Delete all members from your team.
- Note: Any team members that are placed on a legal hold cannot be fully deleted until you release the hold.
- Contact Dropbox support to downgrade to a free team. Team members will be downgraded to Dropbox Basic accounts that are connected through a free team. Team members can choose to leave the team at any time.
- Leave the free team.
- Delete your own account.
Dropbox Business team members
If you're a Dropbox Business team member, you can't delete accounts or cancel your subscription. If you're a team member, and you'd like to delete your account, contact your team's admin.