Your file or folder may be missing for one of the following reasons:
Additionally, your device might have:
- Hard drive problems like bad disks
- Software that conflicts with Dropbox, like:
- Antivirus software that can remove or block access to files
- Disk scanning or backup software that locks out Dropbox
There are a few different ways you can find your missing files if you can’t find them by searching on dropbox.com.
Dropbox Basic, Plus, and Family accounts can recover any file edits or deletions made within the last 30 days.
Dropbox Professional and Business accounts can recover any file edits or deletions made within the last 180 days.
This feature is only available to Dropbox Plus, Family, Professional, and Business users. Learn how to upgrade your account.
Dropbox Rewind is a tool that lets you take a folder or whole account back to a point in time.
It’s best for:
- When a virus encrypts your files with ransomware
- Accidental moves and deletions of a large number of files