Your email address is your username for your Dropbox account. If you’re not sure what the email address on your Dropbox account is, you can find it from a device you linked to your account, through a folder you shared, or through your payment information if you purchased a subscription.
How to find the email address on your Dropbox account
To find your email address:
From your computer
- Click the Dropbox icon in your system tray or menu bar.
- Click your avatar (profile picture or initials) on the Notifications panel.
- Select Preferences...
- Click the Account tab. You'll see the email address for your Dropbox account there.
From your phone or tablet
- Open the Dropbox app.
- On iOS: Tap the person icon.
- On Android: Tap the Menu button on your phone, then tap Settings.
- You'll see the email address for your Dropbox account at the top of the list.
From a shared folder
If you’re a member of a shared folder, another member of that folder can look up your account’s address.
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Click Files.
- Click Sharing.
- Find the shared folder and click the ... (ellipsis icon) next to the shared folder name.
- Select Share.
In the list of shared folder members, the person will be able to see the email address next to your name.
If you have a paid Dropbox subscription
If you have a paid Dropbox subscription, you can use our credit card lookup tool to find the email address associated with a charge.
I’m seeing an “Account doesn’t exist” message
If you see an “Account doesn't exist” error when you try to sign in to Dropbox, you may have signed up for a Dropbox account with a different email address. The “Account doesn't exist” message is usually caused by a mistyped or incorrect email address. In other words, the actual email address on your account is different than the one you typed in. If you see this message, first try signing in again. Be sure to check the email address and its spelling.
If this you know your email address and still receive this message, or if you received an email notification from us about an inactive account, your account may have been deactivated.