If you have a Dropbox Plus or Professional account, you can use a feature called Dropbox Rewind to take your account back to a point in time. Learn how to upgrade your account
If you need to contact support:
- Create an email to Dropbox support.
- Go to your Events page, which is a log of all your file activity.
- Click the event that you’d like to undo or restore.
- Copy the link from your browser's address field. It should be in this format: https://www.dropbox.com/event_details/####
- Paste the link under Restoration Link in your email. If needed, you can copy multiple links.
- To rewind your entire account: Copy the link of the oldest event you want to undo
- To rewind a shared folder: Copy the link of the oldest event within that folder you want to undo
- Click Submit.
If you want to restore a single file, check your Deleted files page.
If you want to bring back an older version of a file, check its Version history.
I can’t find an event link—what should I do?
If you can’t find an event that corresponds to your issue, create an email to Dropbox support and include as much of the following information as possible.
- The type of action you want to take:
- Undo one or multiple events
- Rewind one or more shared folders
- Rewind your entire Dropbox account
- The approximate date the files were affected or went missing
If you want to undo multiple events or get certain files back, also include:
- The names of any files you’re looking for or want reverted
- The approximate file path to those files
- For example: Dropbox/Photos/Italy/Venice/1001.pdf
Then, copy-and-paste the following statement into your email so that Dropbox can take action in your account:
"Yes, I understand what a restoration will do, and I give you permission to take this action in my Dropbox account.”
A note on permanent deletions
Dropbox support won’t be able to recover your file if you permanently deleted it, or if you deleted it outside of your account’s version history:
- Dropbox Basic and Plus accounts can recover any file edits or deletions made within the last 30 days
- Dropbox Business accounts can recover any file edits or deletions made within the last 120 days
- Dropbox Professional accounts can recover any file edits or deletions made within the last 180 days