When your account is deleted, you lose access immediately. Syncing stops and you can’t access your account on dropbox.com. Your admin can transfer your work files to another team member and can delete your work Dropbox folder from any linked devices.
What files can be transferred?
Your admin can transfer files from your work Dropbox to another team member account when your account is deleted.
What is transferred:
- All existing folders and files
- All deleted files
- Ownership of shared folders you owned
- Membership to shared folders owned by other members of your Dropbox Business team
- Ownership of Paper docs you created
- A copy of the “Apps” folder containing third-party application data
What isn’t transferred:
- Shared links you created (links no longer work)
- Note: If your account has been suspended rather than deleted, Shared links continue to work.
- Older versions of files
- Membership to shared folders owned by people outside of your Dropbox Business team. Only copies of these folders are transferred.
- Access to Paper docs you didn't own
- Datastores (a specific type of data that developers of some third-party apps use to store their app data)
What happens to the files on my linked devices?
When a Dropbox Business admin deletes your work account from the team, they have the option of deleting your work Dropbox folder from all linked devices.
What happens to my connected personal Dropbox account?
If you connected your work and personal accounts, an admin can't delete or suspend your personal account.
Can I reactivate my work account if I was deleted from a Dropbox Business team?
If your account was deleted in the last seven days, contact your admin to request that they recover your account.
If it has been more than seven days, in limited circumstances Dropbox Support can recover the account. However, for security purposes we need the permission of the admin of your previous Dropbox Business team before we can recover your account. Contact Dropbox Support for help with the following information:
- That you want to recover an account that was deleted from a Dropbox Business team.
- The name of your previous Dropbox Business team.
- The email address of your previous team admin.
We can then attempt to start the account reactivation process.