Starting in January 2022, Dropbox will no longer support free teams. You’ll receive an email notification 30 days in advance of our intention to change your team’s status. If you do nothing, we’ll disband your team 30 days after you receive the email. You can also choose to upgrade to a new Dropbox Business plan or proactively disband your team.
Regardless of your choice, you’ll still have access to all of your files and folders and maintain the ability to set permissions.
If you choose to disband your team:
- All team member accounts will be converted to personal Dropbox accounts
- All team groups will be deleted
- Team folders will be converted to shared folders
- Folder icons will change to match their new folder type
- Linked personal and work accounts will be unlinked
Upgrading to a new Dropbox Business plan
If you choose to upgrade to a Dropbox Business plan, team members with existing Plus or Professional accounts will have their plans refunded and turned into Business team member accounts.
Disbanding a free team
You must be an admin to disband a team. To do this:
- Sign in with your admin credentials.
- Click Admin console in the left sidebar.
- Click Settings.
- Click Disband team.
Leaving a free team
As a member, you can choose to leave a free team. If you leave, you lose access to shared folders and groups. If you’ve linked a personal account to a free team account, your files and folders will be moved to your personal account.
To leave a free team:
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Click your avatar (profile picture or initials) in the top-right corner.
- Click View teams and groups.
- Click Leave team.
- A prompt will appear. Click Leave team to confirm.