Each member of a Dropbox Standard, Advanced, or Enterprise team requires a license. Certain types of admins can add or remove licenses in the admin console.
Add or remove licenses
- Sign in to dropbox.com with your admin credentials.
- Click Admin console.
- Select the Billing tab.
- Click Manage plan.
- Click Manage licenses.
- Change the number of licenses in the box that appears. When you add licenses, you'll see the price of the license displayed.
- Click Add licenses. To remove unneeded licenses, click Remove licenses instead.
You can also add licenses from the insights dashboard. Under Licenses remaining, click Add licenses.
Add more space to your business account
Dropbox Standard, Advanced, or Enterprise gives your team with the space you need. The exact amount of space available depends on your plan:
- Standard: 5 TB of total space, shared between the members of your team
- Advanced and Enterprise: If you near your storage limit, we can work with you to accommodate your needs. Admins can contact us through the admin console to discuss additional storage.
Space versus number of files
Dropbox performance can suffer if you have more than 300,000 files. This is a soft limit and depends highly on the hardware specifications of your computer. Some customers are able to have more files without issue. As a hard rule, we recommend never having more than 1 million files on any single computer. This limit is related to the number of files, not to their size.
If this appears to be causing syncing issues, you can use Selective Sync to select only certain files to sync to your computer, but still have them on the Dropbox website and on other computers.
You can also adjust your bandwidth settings to help Dropbox sync faster.
Note: Dropbox accounts with a large number of files may take longer to sync. A delay in syncing or a prolonged sync is not necessarily a sign of a problem.