This article discusses merging two Dropbox team accounts. It’s also possible to merge multiple individual Dropbox accounts
When you merge two Dropbox team accounts, all members and content from a secondary Dropbox team are imported into a primary Dropbox team. Any primary team settings will override the secondary team settings.
All data from the secondary team will be transferred to the primary team except:
- Deleted team member accounts
- Activity logs
- Admin permissions
- Team API apps
- Invoices and receipts
Make sure to save these items from the secondary team before merging.
How to initiate a team merge
You must be the admin of a Dropbox account to initiate a team merge. To initiate a team merge:
- Sign in to dropbox.com with your admin credentials.
- On the left, click Admin console.
- Click Settings.
- Click Trusted teams.
- Click the Add a trusted team button.
- You can choose to:
- Merge into a primary team, which will import all of your members and content into another existing team.
- Or, Request a secondary team merge into my team which will import the members and content of another team into your existing team
- If you choose to merge into a primary team, click the checkbox to agree to the terms and click Send request.
- If you choose to request a secondary team merge, click Copy link.
- Paste the link in an email and send it to the email address of the secondary team's admin.
- Note: The admin of the secondary team will receive the link and need to complete steps 4-7 to request the merge into a primary team.
- Once the merge is complete, which usually happens within 72 hours:
- Both admins will receive an email that the merge has been successful.
- Members from the secondary team will receive an email confirming that they’re on a new team.
The secondary team will automatically receive a prorated refund for the remainder of their subscription. The admin of the secondary team will receive an email confirming their refund has been applied.
Can I cancel a team merge?
Yes, you can cancel a team merge request as long as you cancel it within 24 hours of submission. To cancel a team merge, contact Dropbox support.
Can I undo a team merge?
All Dropbox team account merges are final.
Note: If the secondary team was purchased through a reseller, Dropbox will not be able to complete the merge as it is unable to offer a direct refund.