This article discusses merging two Dropbox Business team accounts. It’s also possible to
merge multiple individual Dropbox accounts
When you merge two Dropbox Business teams, all members and content from a secondary Dropbox team are imported into a primary Dropbox team. Any primary team settings will override the secondary team settings.
All data from the secondary team will be transferred to the primary team except:
- Deleted team member accounts
- Activity logs
- Admin permissions
- Team API apps
- Invoices and receipts
Make sure to save these items from the secondary team before merging.
Before you merge teams
Before you merge teams, make sure that the primary team has enough open licenses for the number of users on the secondary team.
Additionally, if the secondary team has team selective sync enabled, the primary team will also need to enable team selective sync for the merge to complete.
How to initiate a team merge
You must be the admin of a Dropbox Business account to initiate a team merge. To do so:
- Sign in to dropbox.com with your admin credentials.
- On the left, click Admin console.
- Click Settings.
- Click Trusted teams.
- Click the Add a trusted team button.
- You can choose to:
- Merge into a primary team, which will import all of your members and content into another existing team
- Or, Request a secondary team merge into my team which will import the members and content of another team into your existing team
- If you chose to merge into a primary team, click the checkbox to agree to the terms and click Send request.
- If you chose to request a secondary team merge, click Copy link.
- Paste the link in an email and send it to the email address listed of the secondary team admin.
- Once the merge is complete, which usually happens within 72 hours:
- Both admins will receive an email that the merge has been successful
- Members from the secondary team will receive an email that they’re on a new team
The secondary team will automatically receive a prorated refund for the remainder of their subscription. The admin of the secondary team will receive an email confirming their refund has been applied.
Can I cancel a team merge?
Yes, you can cancel a team merge request as long as you cancel it within 24 hours of submission. To cancel a team merge, contact Dropbox support.
Can I undo a team merge?
All Dropbox Business team merges are final.
Note: If the secondary team was purchased through a reseller, Dropbox will not be able to complete the merge as it is unable to offer a direct refund.