Certain types of admins can invite people to a Dropbox team account. Team members can invite people to a Dropbox team account if an admin allows it.
- Each person added to your team takes up one of your team's licenses. This includes pending invites and suspended members.
- If you don’t have a spare license when you invite someone to your team, you’ll be charged for one.
- This doesn’t apply to teams that pay by manual invoicing. For these teams, the account executive will need to add more licenses if none are remaining.
- Inactive licenses aren’t automatically removed. Certain types of admins can add or remove licenses in the admin console.
- You can't invite a member to your team that is already on another Dropbox team account. They can either join your team using a different email address or leave their current team.
- If an admin tries to add a team member that is already on a Dropbox team, they will receive an error saying "1 email was already invited by another team".
- If the member you’d like to invite used Sign in with Apple and hid their email, they'll need to update their email address before they can be added to your Dropbox team account. You can’t add someone with a @privaterelay.appleid.com email address to a Dropbox team account.