When you sign in to dropbox.com, you’ll have access to all the files and folders in your Dropbox account, as well as file and folder activity, notifications, online account settings, and certain tools and features, depending on your plan.
Along the top of the page, you’ll see options to search content, access help and announcements, and manage your account settings. Use the left sidebar to quickly navigate between files and folders.
Search, apps, notifications, and settings
Along the top of the page you can access:
You’ll find access to all your files and folders in the left sidebar. The options you see depend on your account type.
Click Home to get quick access to your Suggested, Recent, and Starred files and folders. Above the file list, you can create new files and folders and upload content from your computer.
Click All files to access all the files and folders you’ve added to your Dropbox account, including online-only content and content managed with selective sync. Browse or sort your files and folders, and quickly share, preview, or open them.
Click the downward arrow next to All files to expand a list of all your folders in the left sidebar. You can drag and drop files and folders from the main file list to the left sidebar to quickly organize your files.
- Click the checkbox next to the name of a file or folder, or hover over it, to share or open it. Click “…” (ellipsis) to see other actions.
- Click the name of a folder to open it and see its overview and contents.
- Click the name of a file to open its preview and see comments, file activity, and other options.
Click Upload or + Create to add and create files and folders. To organize your files, see folder history, or request files, click the "..." (ellipsis) to the right of the + Create button.
Note: Customers on Dropbox Plus, Family, Professional, Standard, Advanced, and Enterprise can also access Dropbox Rewind to undo a large number of changes and return a folder, or their entire account, to an earlier state.
Click Photos to view, access, and quickly retrieve your photo and video files in one centralized location. Any photos or videos you upload to your Dropbox account will automatically appear here.
Note: The Photos page is only available to customers on Dropbox Basic, Plus, Family, and Professional plans.
Get quick access to all files and folders that have been shared with you, or that you have shared with others.
- Click the Recents tab at the top of the page to see shared content by date.
- Click the Folders or Files tab to see shared content by type.
- Click the Links tab to see files and folders that have been shared with a link.
You can create new shared folders by clicking Shared in the left sidebar, then clicking the Create shared folder above the file list.
Manage file requests and check how many submitters have responded and files have been added.
- Click the Opened tab to see file requests that are still pending. Click the send email icon (paper airplane) next to a file request to share it via email, or click the link icon (chainlink) to copy a link to share.
- Click the Closed tab to see files requests that have expired or that you’ve closed. Click “…” (ellipsis) next to the name of a request to reopen it.
You can create new file requests by clicking File requests in the left sidebar, then clicking New request above the file request list.
Access files and folders you’ve deleted from your account, grouped by date.
- Click the name of a file or folder to restore it. If multiple files were deleted on the same day, you can choose from a list of files to restore.
By clicking Deleted files in the left sidebar you can filter deleted files by date, user, and folder.
Note: The amount of time Dropbox stores deleted files depends on your plan. Learn more about version history.
Admins on team plans can manage members and settings from the admin console. The options you see in the left sidebar depend on your account type and admin role.
- Insights: View key stats on your team’s activities as well as shortcuts to common admin actions.
- Members: Add and manage individual members of your team.
- Activity: Monitor and report on your team’s workflow.
- Content: Manage your team’s shared folders and team folders.
- Groups: Monitor and manage both user-managed and company-managed groups.
- Security: Manage security policies for your team, including security alerts, external sharing, and passwords.
- Billing: Manage your plan, view invoices, change billing frequency, or update your payment method.
- Classification: Manage your team's data classification policy.
- Settings: Change team-wide settings, from members and security to sharing, apps, and add-on features.
- Help: Access self-support resources and contact Dropbox support.