Using the Dropbox website
When you log in to dropbox.com, you’ll have access to all the files and folders in your Dropbox account. You can also access file and folder activity, notifications, online account settings, and certain tools and features, depending on your plan.
Along the top of the page, you’ll see options to search content, access help and announcements, and manage your account settings. You can use action bar buttons to assist with workflow. Use the left sidebar to quickly navigate between files and folders.
Search, apps, notifications, settings, and buttons
Along the top of the page you can access:
- Search (magnifying glass), to help you find files and folders in your account
- Help and announcements (question mark), with links to the help center, community, what's new, and privacy and legal information
- Notifications (bell), to let you know about comments and activity in your files
- Your avatar (profile picture or initials), to access account settings, install the Dropbox app, and sign out of your account
- Action bar buttons:
Upload, create, organize, and additional features
You’ll find access to all your files and folders in the left sidebar. The options you see depend on your account type. Some options will be under More in the left sidebar, depending on your plan.
Click All files to access all the files and folders you’ve added to your Dropbox account, including your Suggested, Recent, and Starred files and folders, online-only content, and content managed with selective sync. Browse or sort your files and folders, and quickly share, preview, or open them. Above the file list and filters, you can upload content from your computer and create new files and folders.
Click Photos to view, access, and quickly retrieve your photo and video files in one centralized location. Any photos or videos you upload to your Dropbox account will automatically appear here.
Note: The Photos page is only available to customers on Dropbox Basic, Plus, Family, and Professional plans.
Create a template, send a file for signature, or self-sign PDFs. Learn more about how to send a signature request.
Send and track
Track real-time analytics for your files. You can send your files with secure links, control access with passwords, collect emails, and track page-by-page analytics to follow up with viewers.
Note: The Send and track page is only available to customers on Dropbox Essentials, Business, or Business Plus.
Click ">" (right arrow) next to Folders to expand a list of all your folders in the left sidebar. You can drag and drop files and folders from the main file list to the left sidebar to quickly organize your files.
- Hover over the name of a folder and click "..." (ellipsis) to share it and see other actions.
- Click the name of a folder to open it and see its overview and contents.
- Click the name of a file to open its preview and see comments, file activity, and other options.
- To see past versions of a file or folder, use version history.
Note: Customers on Dropbox Plus, Family, Professional, Standard, Advanced, and Enterprise can also access Dropbox Rewind to undo a large number of changes and return a folder, or their entire account, to an earlier state.
Get quick access to all files and folders that have been shared with you, or that you've shared with others.
- Click the Recent tab at the top of the page to see shared content by date.
- Click the Folders or Files tab to see shared content by type.
- Click the Links tab to see files and folders that have been shared with a link.
You can create new shared folders by clicking Shared in the left sidebar, then clicking the Create shared folder above the file list.
Manage file requests and check how many submitters have responded and files have been added.
- Click the Opened tab to see file requests that are still pending. Click the send email icon (paper airplane) next to a file request to share it via email. Or, click the link icon (chainlink) to copy a link to share.
- Click the Closed tab to see expired file requests or file requests that you’ve closed. Click "..." (ellipsis) next to the name of a request to reopen it.
You can create new file requests by clicking File requests in the left sidebar, then clicking New request above the file request list.
Access files and folders you’ve deleted from your account, grouped by date.
- Click the name of a file or folder to restore it. If multiple files were deleted on the same day, you can choose from a list of files to restore.
By clicking Deleted files in the left sidebar you can filter deleted files by date, user, and folder.
Admins on team plans can manage members and settings from the admin console. The options you see in the left sidebar depend on your account type and admin role.
- Insights: View key stats on your team’s activities as well as shortcuts to common admin actions.
- Members: Add and manage individual members of your team.
- Activity: Monitor and report on your team’s workflow.
- Content: Manage your team’s shared folders and team folders.
- Groups: Monitor and manage both user-managed and company-managed groups.
- Security: Manage security policies for your team, including security alerts, external sharing, and passwords.
- Billing: Manage your plan, view invoices, change billing frequency, or update your payment method.
- Classification: Manage your team's data classification policy.
- Settings: Change team-wide settings, from members and security to sharing, apps, and add-on features.
- Help: Access self-support resources and contact Dropbox support.
If you click your avatar (profile picture or initials) in the top right corner, you can access the following options. The options you see depend on your account type.
Upgrade your Dropbox Basic account. Learn how to manage your Dropbox personal or team subscription.
Access and manage your account settings, including plan and billing information, preferences, and connected apps. Learn how to manage your account settings.
Manage account (Dropbox Basic only)
Review or upgrade your plan, check available storage, customize account settings, or redeem a license key.
Set up automations, such as naming conventions, tags, and other organization options. Learn how to set up Dropbox automations.
View team and groups
Organize team members into groups for your Dropbox team account. Learn how to create and manage groups.
Note: This option is only available customers on Dropbox team accounts.
Install Dropbox app
Download and install the Dropbox desktop app. Learn more about downloading the Dropbox desktop app.
Enable light mode or dark mode on dropbox.com. To do this:
- Log in to dropbox.com.
- Click your avatar (profile picture or initials) in the top right corner.
- Click Theme.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Light mode
- Dark mode
- Operating system
The information in this article applies to all customers on a paid Dropbox plan.
Log out of your account on dropbox.com. Learn more about logging in or out of Dropbox.
Change your preferred language for dropbox.com. Learn more about changing the language and date format of your account.
Add a personal or team account
Link a Dropbox team account to a personal Dropbox account. Learn how to link and unlink Dropbox accounts.
Switch to a linked Dropbox account.
Posted by: stefano ronzani 10 hours ago7330
Posted by: Cardinal1 10 hours ago6920
Posted by: ilinkcs 10 hours ago7550