When you sign in to dropbox.com you’ll have access to all the files and folders in your Dropbox account, as well as file and folder activity, notifications, online account settings, and certain tools and features, depending on your plan.
Along the top of the page, you’ll see options to search content, check notifications, access apps, and manage your account settings. Use the left sidebar to quickly navigate between files and folders.
Search, apps, notifications, and settings
Along the top of the page you can access:
On the left-hand side of the page you’ll find access to all your files and folders. The options you see may depend on your account type.
Click Home to get quick access to your Suggested, Recent, and Starred files and folders. Above the file list, you can create new files and folders and upload content from your computer.
Access all the files and folders you’ve added to your Dropbox account, including online-only content that is managed with selective sync or Smart Sync. Browse or sort your files and folders, and quickly share, preview, or open them.
Note: Smart Sync is only available to Dropbox customers on Plus, Family, Professional, or Business plans.
- Click the checkbox next to the name of a file or folder, or hover over it, to share or open it. Click “…” (ellipsis) to see other actions
- Click the name of a folder to open it and see its overview and contents
- Click the name of a file to open its preview and see comments, file activity, and other options
From the right sidebar, you can add and create files and folders, request files from others, and see folder history. Customers on Dropbox Plus, Family, Professional, and Business plans can also access Dropbox Rewind to undo a large number of changes and return a folder, or their entire account, to an earlier state.
Get quick access to all files and folders that have been shared with you, or that you have shared with others.
- Click the Recents tab at the top of the page to see shared content by date
- Click the Folders or Files tab to see shared content by type
- Click the Links tab to see files and folders that have been shared with a link
From the right sidebar, you can create new shared folders.
Manage file requests and check how many submitters have responded and files have been added.
- Click the Open Requests tab at the top of the page to see file requests that are still pending. Click “…” (ellipsis) next to the name of a request to share, edit, or close it.
- Click the Closed Requests tab to see files requests that have expired or you’ve closed. Click “…” (ellipsis) next to the name of a request to reopen it.
From the right sidebar, you can create new file requests.
Access files and folders you’ve deleted from your account, grouped by date.
- Click the name of a file or folder to restore it. If multiple files were deleted on the same day, you can choose from a list of files to restore.
From the right sidebar, you can filter deleted files by date, user, device, and folder.
Note: The amount of time Dropbox stores deleted files depends on your plan. Learn more about version history.
Admins on Dropbox Business teams can manage members and settings from the admin console. The options you see in the left sidebar depend on your account type and admin role.
- Insights: key stats on your team’s activities as well as shortcuts to common admin actions
- Members: add and manage individual members of your team
- Activity: monitor and report on your team’s workflow
- Content: manage your team’s shared folders and team folders
- Groups: monitor and manage both user-managed and company-managed groups.
- Billing: manage your plan, view invoices, change billing frequency, or update your payment method
- Settings: change team-wide settings, from members and security to sharing, apps, and add-on features
- Help: access self-support resources and contact Dropbox support